Tourist Visa (Effective from 13 November 2015)
1. PURPOSE OF VISIT
This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom of Thailand for tourism purposes. For non-EU citizen, please contact the Embassy before applying for visa. Please check more information at General Information.
2. REQUIREMENT DOCUMENTS
Single Entry Tourist Visa
1. A completed and signed visa application form Click here to download (Completed and signed by the applicant) Children must have their own visa application and the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must sign the form on the child's behalf.
2. An original Passport valid for at least 6 months and containing at least TWO completed empty visa pages.
3. Copy of passport on A4 paper size, do not cut or alter the copy.Page with your face and information on it.
4. Two photographs, size 3.5cm. x 4.5cm. and front view, MUST be taken within the last 6 months and MUST NOT be your homemade photographs
5. Copy of reservation of airline tickets, showing arrival and departure dates for Thailand.
Please make an extra copies for each visa application if your reservation ticket having different names on the same ticket. The Embassy does not provide photocopying, printing, fax or e-mail services. Please check your arrival date to thailand is within 3months the day you apply for visa. The validity of your visa is 3 months from the day you apply)
6. For non EU citizen. A copy of valid Swedish visa/residence permit. (Uppehållstillstånd). Swedish visa/Residence permit must be valid during period of travelling and returning to Sweden.
Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
Multiple Entry Tourist Visa
1 A completed and signed visa application form Click here to download (Completed and signed by the applicant) Children must have their own visa application and the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must sign the form on the child's behalf.
2 An original passport valid for at least 9 months and containing at least TWO completed empty visa pages.
3 Copy of passport. on A4 paper size. Do not cut or alter the copy. The page with your face and information on it.
4 Two photographs, size 3.5cm. x 4.5cm. and front view, MUST be taken within the last 6 months and MUST NOT be your homemade photographs
5 A bank statements showing deposit account (CASH ONLY) with an amount of atleast 57 000 SEK (200 000 baht) in the past 6 months.
6 An employment certificate in English from an employer mentions the applicant's job position, salary, purpose of visiting Thailand, and the date when the applicant is expected to return to work. For self-employed, Please submit business license or business regirstration indicating the applicant's name. For a student, please submit an original certificate of student status in English from the school, college, or university. In case of unemployment you are not eligible to apply for this visa.
7 A copy of hotel/Accommodation reservation in Thailand. (showing your name, date of arrival and departure and full address of hotel reservation) OR if the applicant stays at a friend's house, please submit a letter of invitation, a copy of friend's ID card or passport and a copy of house registration or leasing contract.
8 A copy of a reservation of airline tickets, showing arrival and departure dates for Thailand.
(Please make an extra copies for each visa application if you reservation ticket having differens name on the same ticket, the embassy does not provide photocopying, printing, fax or e-mail services. Please check your arrival date to thailand is within 6 months the day you apply for visa. The validity of your visa is 6 months from the day you apply)
9 For EU citizens (except Swedish citiazens). a copy of Personbevis.
For non-EU citizens, a copy of personbevis and a copy of a valid Swedish visa/residence permit (Uppehållstillstånd) Swedish visa/residence permit must be valid during the period of travelling and returning to Sweden.
3. VISA FEE
Single entry: 300 Swedish kronor in cash
Multiple entries: 1,500 Swdish kronor in cash
4. PROCESSING TIME (with completed documents)
In person or by a representative: 4 working days (For example, if you apply a visa on Monday, your visa is ready on Thursday afternoon, except some certain countries and other types of visa.) Collection date for visa is specified on a payment receipt. Always bring the receipt when collecting a visa.
*** The Royal Thai Embassy in Stockholm and the Royal Thai Consulate in Gothenburg neither accept nor return visa application by post***
5. OPENING/COLLECTING HOURS
* Visa application: Monday-Friday between 9.00-12.00 hours
* Collecting passport with issued visa: Monday-Friday between 14.00-16.00 hours
* Please check the website of the Embassy for the official holidays and additional closure dates of the Embassy before visiting the Embassy.
6. PERIOD OF STAY
Single entry: not exceeding 60 days
Multiple entries: not exceeding 60 days for each entry
7. VALIDITY OF VISA
Single entry : 3 months
Mutiples entries: 6 months
EXTENSION OF STAY
Traveler who have obtained tourist visa and wish to stay longer or may wish to change their visa type must submit an application for permission at the nearest immigration office where they are staying or at the Office of Immigration Bureau located at Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 (or at http://www.immigration.go.th). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain types of visa are solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
- The Embassy will not process an un-completed visa application.
- Each applicants must submit his/her own set of required documents. This also applies to the applicants , including children with their parents, who are travelling in a froup with all names in one ticket.
- Consular officer reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary and to reject any application without having to provide reason.
- The applicants are fully responsible for choosing and submitting correct type of visa according to your purposes and period of stay to Thailand.
- After collecting your passport with issued visa, the applicant MUST check type of visa carefully and make sure it accords with your purposes and period of stay to Thailand.
- If there are any doubts, you MUST raise it immediately with the staff. Otherwise the applicants will take all the consequences by themselves.
- Visa requirement and information can be changed without prior notice.